.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Where Deb Writes

After writing my first three novels at our kitchen table and the next few books from a corner of the living room in the small duplex where we raised our four children, I was thrilled to get my first dedicated office when our kids started leaving for college. I've now had three delightful office spaces in which to write. My current space in our Missouri home doubles as a guest room and features a daybed that belonged to my great-grandmother. I often nap...er, recline there on a mountain of pillows to work on my novel-in-progress. If the weather allows (and thankfully, it seems to more often in Missouri than it did in Kansas) I much prefer writing on the screened porch overlooking our beautiful wooded backyard. A little piece of heaven on earth! And if I’m not there, you’ll probably find me on a road trip with my husband in our 1998 Chinook RV, exploring the backroads of this beautiful country in search of my next story!


This was the light-filled office in our house in Wichita, Kansas. I loved this colorful space and wrote many a book there, including my entire Chicory Inn Novels series.


This was my outdoor writing space at the Wichita house:

And my first dedicated office when we lived in the tiny town of Moundridge, Kansas:

I had a lovely outdoor writing space there too: